This is basic information on the roles of computer parts in a laptop.
- Monitor – The screen used to display text, pictures and video.
- Webcam – Used to communicate through video or for pictures.
- Speakers – Built into the computer. Produces sound to project sound.
- Keyboard – Contains the alphabet along with numbers and special keys for computer functions.
- Touchpad – A tool intended to point and click. Involving a left click and a right click. A left click performs an action and the right click provides additional menus.
- Battery – The main source of electricity for the computer.
- USB Drive – Outlet used for external memory.
- Headphone Jack – The standard jack is 3.5 MM.
- Motherboard – The powerhouse of the laptop everything is connected to this equipment.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) – The CPU is intended to deal with all of the computers instructions. Essentially the computers brain.
- Graphic Card – Piece of hardware intended to help with the formation of a 3D image.
- Hard Drive – A storage where files are saved permanently.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) – This memory is used to run programs and is limited.